Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One more box to do there....

I started last year with a new idea, and I am happy to say that as we light up another I was sorta successful. ...

sorta..

I think i'm going to make a little more sense today...just to wrap things up you know.. round things off nicely...

maybe a little explaination is in order..

where do I begin?

2008 was always going to be a big year, i had known for a long time that myself and my friends were going to spread like wildfire over the following 12 months so i decided to try and take advantage of this. In January i decided to start something i called "The Finder Project" (thefinderproject.blogspot.com) in the hope of giving myself a little more direction and perhaps generate more interest in my music and writing.

Ok....IT FAILED! I accept this outright... it was far too ambitious and i had neither the time nor the money to keep such a project running. While i managed to release a first batch of cd's in Early february containing the Night Reasons collection there was little or no response so i decided to scrap the idea for the time being. ...

but there were some benefits from the whole experience. . I discovered that the idea of giving each months body of work a title (January was "Night Reasons", February "Closed systems" etc etc)gave my work more structure and made it easier know when and where i had made something. Furthermore my work within these months started to become themed by the structure itself. Songs would play off themselves and a unity would start to form. I was happy with this because it was clear in my writing too...

Months went by and some were more successful than others, some were more meaningful than others and some barely even happened.

In June or July or...i dunno but i had my first gig while i also began djing ... equipment also became better and by the end of the summer i had reached a proficiency and direction with my music that i had never had before.. while the gigs were not yet there i was happy that if it was i would be ready and able.

And then i went to Paris.. to ignore the fact that my body of work nearly tripled during my time in Paris would be ridiculous. It was and continues to be my most productive period yet and definitely most experimental. However i was lacking a lot of equipment and any exposure whether it be on the internet or otherwise... i was working hard and distracted by nothing (well nearly)...

And now that we have reached 2009, i am happy that in the past 12 months i have taken many steps towards many things in many different places and in many different ways....

And now i must look at 2009 and decide what to do now..

and i dont think it is going to be the same...


gotta keep moulding.....
and i sorta know already but where would the fun be if i told you what it was!?



here is a list of 2008 musical work you can find it all on my many internet sites..

January - Night Reasons
A lesson on the Past
A Lesson on the Future
Slow City Burn Down
If We dont get there on time, the wine is going to be gone and I am not talking to that woman sober!


February - Closed Systems
The Loss of Mist
Copper Chair

March - Head of Bear
Crazy Junior's Garage Sale
April - Lost Piece
Squared
Kings Throw
Times Between Hunger and Wired Life
The Wired Earth

May - Paper Cuts
Southern Growth on the Mood and Fly


June - Evolution
Branches
Chop it, Slice it, Eat!
We're all on Opposites


July - Blind
Create Your Greens and Blues
It makes you Shake Cold Rivers
On Hold

August - Often Lower
Deep Roots and Every Single Heart
Inside Boy
Spine the Curls and Spring

September - Over Seven Heads
Shapes Of
Good Heat
And Exhale
Ask Again
Sent Ages Ago
Word Me Landscape
Heavy Little Drops

Live - Shape Of
Shape of Metal Sheet
Shape of Numbers
Shape of Glass
Shape of Rolling wheels
Shape of New Silence
Shape of Falling

October - Calm
Empty
Joined
Wait
North
Timers
Who?
Another Fourteen Hours
Without the Usual Explosives 1 & 2
Over Action Over Action000
Heart Of The System

November - Grain on Sand
Open Season
Polar Rush
Hundred Bridges
Jupiter Joined Like Any Other
War (Shit Shovelling Remix)
Peppered Water
Up Up Feather! GO!
Crawl and Wait
Prometheus Gives
Prometheus Gets
Sights on Full Power

December - Mountains
Union Groove
Orange Rip Banana
Healing Song


Visit www.intheblackbox.eu for the full experience.

No comments: