Friday, September 26, 2008

Now Boy

I wrote this very silly line, between my thumb and forefinger, it didn’t make much sense to anyone but me and it revolved around the revelations of the world. I am going to let you in a little secret boy, now you listen to me. All these shadows that follow you through the caves.. all these empty bodies that cascade down upon you, they are all just white ghosts boy. White ghosts. Any time you wish to expel these daemons just wave your hand to where you see them and remember the reality, you hear me boy? Remember the reality?

Your imagination is your control boy, if you are out of control so is your imagination and when all else fails common sense will prevail boy, your just too young to realise that. .. and I’m sorry to say it but it will be many years before you realise reality.. boy.. let me tell you a story..

It’s about a stone, and this stone had a hard time getting pushed this way and that by the wind, the sea, the animals and the people. This stone had travelled farther than you could ever imagine boy… yes boy, waaaay past the shop on the corner!

One day this stone found itself below a great big boulder, and for a long time he did not move for the boulder protected the little stone without even realising. The stone was happy at last below this great shield, and set itself happily between the grass and the dirt for many many years. But this stone was silly for it presumed it had every right to its place in this safety and failed to ask the great boulder for permission to stay…

The little stone became more and more sure of himself, boasting to it’s forelorn and beaten friends the greatest of lives below this great boulder.

Then it started to rain… and the little stone got wet… and bit by bit, year by year.. the great boulder got smaller and smaller, the little stone was not happy, and began to remember the hard times, the punishing wind and rain, the endless seas… he could not let it happen again..

“Boulder! Oh big boulder! Why have you stopped protecting me!?” it shouted in protest with a tone so full of disbelief..

…the boulder stirred… the boulder growled as if woken from a great sleep… but didn’t say a word…

“Boulder! Oh big, brutish boulder! Look at me and explain yourself!” Screamed the little stone again…

… another growl that shook the little stone in its tiny spot.. and in a booming voice the boulder replied… “ Little stone! Silly little stone! I am no brute, neither am I a stupid little stone…Who gave you permission to reside below me… who are you to order me to speak!?”

And the little stone had realised it’s mistake, but only far too late, for now the boulder would not let him stay below its great shadow… The great boulder that had made the little stones life so incredible was no longer so great… it had gotten smaller and smaller… and now the little stone could not even creep below the shadow that was left below the boulder… all the dreams the boulder had given the stone were shrinking away and reality was dawning on it.

The wind…

The rain

The crashing waves

The cold nights

Cold

Alone

…and then the little stone asked the boulder why it had never noticed the little stone…and the boulder replied after a short pause…

“I was distracted by the world around me … there is a lot to see really… “

The little stone was confused, “but what about all that rain and snow, all that cold… do you not shelter? Hide away from the world?”

The boulder once again took awhile to answer…

“I was not like you little stone, I have not travelled to many places and seen many things,… I was once part of that great cliff in the distance and I too enjoyed the shelter I had… I too was afraid of the reality of the world… but in time my shelter disappeared and I fell to where I am now… I have been here a long time little stone… and seen many things… reality… I have seen reality little stone… and now you will too…

It may rain, it may snow and hail.. but for every drop of water there is also a ray of light, or a fresh breeze… for every winter there is a summer, for every fall, a spring. This is the way the world works… and now you will also realise that for every Ray of light there is also a dark shadow, for every clear day a cold night…

This is reality little stone… it will make you happy and sad…

…and the little stone let go of the earth below him….

And soon the wind blew…and the little stone moved on.

……..

Now Boy, where are your shadows? Maybe its time to leave them behind..


Visit www.intheblackbox.eu for the full experience.

No comments: